Expect to arrive at least one hour before your scheduled time of surgery. Usually, the hospital or surgery center will call a few days ahead to verify insurance information.
The hospital will also call you the day before surgery. At that time, they will explain the fasting instructions, tell you exactly where to report and what time to be there. Most hospitals do not call before 3pm although the Golf Surgical Center does call earlier.
If the patient is not feeling well, has a fever, cough or other complaint, please call our office as soon as possible, or see your Primary Care Physician for a checkup
To schedule a surgery please contact one of our surgery schedulers by calling our main phone number (847) 674-5585. If you were seen at our Golf Road office, the surgery scheduler’s direct phone number is (847) 824-5209.
(for General, Local/MAC (Monitored “Twilight Anesthesia”), and Regional Anesthesia)
NO ASPIRIN OR ASPIRIN-CONTAINING PRODUCTS (SUCH AS ADVIL, MOTRIN, PEDIAPROFEN, ETC.) FOR 14 DAYS PRIOR TO AND AFTER SURGERY. USE ONLY ACETAMINOPHEN (TYLENOL) OR OTHER MEDICATIONS PRESCRIBED BY YOUR DOCTOR.
- No chewing gum after 12 midnight the night before surgery
- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY!
- Patients having local anesthesia may have a light breakfast up to 2 hours before surgery.
*CLEAR LIQUIDS include jello, apple juice, water, etc.
- Oral medications may be taken on the day of the surgery with one tablespoon of water per pill.
- If you are taking insulin or oral hypoglycemics consult your doctor for instructions.
- Bring all inhalers to the hospital with you.
- Do not take aspirin, aspirin products, or ibuprofen products (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, etc.) may not be taken for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery – Tylenol is ok.
- Patients having general, local/MAC or regional anesthesia will need a ride home after surgery.
- Patients having local anesthesia may drive home alone.